By now, you’ve heard about cauliflower power. Wait until you try these Healthy Cauliflower Fritters. Cauliflower is high in fiber, which helps reduce inflammation and promotes overall digestive health. It is low in calories and will also contribute to your recommended daily intake of B-vitamins, anti-oxidants and vitamin C. It contains important minerals too, such as folate and potassium.
Take it from a Pro
As a restaurant chef, I take food sensitivities into consideration. I made a delicious and healthy cauliflower fritter recipe without flour. Make no mistake, this isn’t only for the gluten-free crowd. They disappeared as soon as they hit the plate.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make cauliflower rice, it’s quite simple.
Cauliflower rice recipes are a great alternative to rice and are fast and inexpensive to make from scratch. For these cauliflower patties, there are a couple methods, like grating by hand with the big holes of a box grater. I used a hand immersion blender and pulsed it to get the consistency I wanted. That meant very small pieces, but not mush.
Endless Ways to Make Meals with Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower Rice is a great base for a main course or side dish of a meal and can be seasoned to suit any taste. With this recipe and a slight variation, you could also make a baked Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese. You can even use it to make Cauliflower Fried Rice, But let’s get to these irresistible Healthy Cauliflower Fritters.
Healthy Cauliflower Fritters with Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella (or your favorite cheese)
- extra virgin olive oil (the least amount necessary to coat the pan)
- a tiny amount of fresh chopped garlic (or garlic powder to taste)
- 1/4 cup flour (optional)
Preparing the Cauliflower Fritters
- Cut the stem and discard. Cut the head of cauliflower into large pieces.
- Squeeze out excess water with a cheese cloth. (I didn't have one handy, so I just spread the cauliflower out and dried it in a pan on the lowest heat for a two minutes).
- Put cauliflower in a mixing bowl. (Let cool a minute, if necessary).
- Whisk eggs and add to the cauliflower.
- Add seasonings.
- Add flour (optional)
- Mix completely, but gently.
Cooking the Cauliflower Fritters
- Spoon out the cauliflower mix and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for approximately four or five minutes per side.
- Very gently, flip with a spatula. (They are quite delicate).
- During the last minute of cooking, add your favorite cheese.