Chocolate lovers, you are in for the sweet treat of your life! Make no mistake, this is the best Chocolate Mousse recipe out there.
Tried, True and Tested on Thousands of My Restaurant Guests
This easy chocolate mousse recipe will have everyone asking for a second serving, and wishing for a third. This is, by far, one of the most requested desserts at GAM GAM Kosher Restaurant.
My chocolate mousse is light and airy, yet delicious and decadent. As one guest remarked, “Now this is chocolate mousse!” Everyone around the table will be feeling the love with each tasty spoonful. No one will believe how fast this chocolate dream can be made. They’ll think you prepared all day. We can keep it as our secret!
Start with a Delicious Chocolate
It’s important to use a chocolate that you also enjoy eating straight from the package. This is a perfect dessert to make anytime, but can make a special occasion even more memorable. Even more, this quick, easy recipe is great for parties and special events.
And, it can be made up to two days ahead and just sits in the fridge until you are ready to use it. This creamy mousse is also great as a filling for your multiple layer cakes. Serve it in individual ramakins or in mini trifle containers of your desired shape and size. Additionally, the mousse can be spooned in or you can create a swirled effect with frosting tip. Or, you can create a layered effect, alternating with layers of chocolate cake.
Top it Off with Something Grand
Even more, each mousse cup can be finsihed off with a variety of toppings. From fruit like strawberries, blueberries or raspberry to a dollop of whipped cream with chocolate shavings, the possibilities are endless. Another great topping is chocolate designs you can easily make at home.
Perfect Chocolate Recipe For A Crowd
When served on a dessert table, these make a show stopping presentation. And, depending on the garnish you choose, you can add fun or elegance to your occasion. Create an exciting tablescape by using differnt sized container. Add strawberries to taller champagne glass style containers. Keep the taller containers toward the back of your serving tray. Top the middle medium height containers with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and the shorter containers up front can be topped with cherries.
This mousse is so irresistable! The only problem with this recipe is that it may turn your evening into a dessert before dinner event!
Best Ever Chocolate Mousse
- 6 eggs (separate yolks and whites, set aside one of the yolks)
- 8 ounces/250 grams of good quality bittersweet chocolate (parve)
- 1 ounce/25 grams margarine
- 1 teaspoon coffee (dissolved in 2 tablespoons of boiling water)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Place five yolks and six whites in a medium-sized pot.
- Melt chocolate and margarine together in a bain marie (water bath) (add link of how to do a Bain marie). Whisk briskly.
- Add dissolved coffee, and keep whisking briskly.
- Tip: Remove chocolate mixture from heat when it is halfway melted. Keep whisking. The chocolate will continue to melt, but will achieve a tempered state. Tempering chocolate is easy and will result in a chocolate that maintains its color, shine without white streaks once it is served at room temperature. More than that, it will keep its consistency and not melt!
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, add the powdered sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in your container of choice and let set in the refrigerator at least one hour.