I love to saute vegetables and fennel is no exception, especially when paired with plump raisins.
Fennel has a light taste of liquorice or anise and can be eaten raw or cooked. The beautiful fennel fronds can be used as a garnish or in various recipes.
There are many ways to slice fennel. Slice it lengthwise to create a beautiful side dish to accompany your favorite lunch or dinner recipes. It’s just one of those vegetarian recipes that is so easy, yet adds a special touch of elegance to your table!
Sauteed Fennel with Raisins
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- salt & pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare fennel by cutting off the stem and removing any hard outer pieces.
- Rinse the fennel well.
- Slice lengthwise.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add fennel, raisins and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix to coat fennel well with olive oil and seasonings.
- Saute’ approximately 5 minutes.