Everyone’s Favorite Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies will not last long because everyone around the table will devour them.
- 1 1/2 cups flour (177 grams)
- 1 packet baking powder (10 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (Dark or light works great. I love moscovado sugar.)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (Buy pre-ground or easily grind at home)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Mix both sugars with the oil well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- In a cup, mix ground flax seed, water and vanilla well.
- Add to the flour mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use an 1/8 cup or a tablespoon to scoop out cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 F / 190 C for 14 minutes.
- Transfer baked cookies to a cooling rack.
The dough has a different texture than typical cookie dough, so you may need to shape the cookies or press in some chocolate chips that aren’t sticking in the dough.