When you want something easy and delicous for breakfast, waffles are a great choice. Since you likely have all the ingredients already in your kitchen, make this your go-to breakfast recipe with added fresh fruit for a nutritious way to start your day.
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teasoon salt
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 3/4 cups milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Beat egg yolks and combine with milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Stir in oil.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites. Do not overmix.
- Use 1/2 cup scoop to make waffles in a waffle machine.
Waffles will take approximately 5 minutes to cook, depending on your waffle machine. I love my Kitchen Aid immersion blender whisk attachment to beat egg whites. It’s so easy to use, it makes achieving stiff peaks a dream.