These delicious stuffed mushrooms make a quick and easy side dish, main dish for vegetarians or even a healthy snack.
I found these gorgeous oversized mushrooms at the supermarket and decided they would be perfect as stuffed mushrooms. Such an easy, yet elegant dish.
I love mushrooms because there are so many varieties and they are rich in fiber and protein. Mushrooms also contain vitamins, nutrients and powerful antioxidants like selenium, which is very important for the immune system. Selenium can also have an effect on fighting inflammation.
Easy Elegant Stuffed Mushrooms
I make a double batch of these stuffed mushrooms because everyone always wants seconds!
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 8 cracker squares (1 individual pack of saltine style crackers)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the mushrooms well
- Trim the very ends of the mushrooms stems
- Peel the carrots
- Use your thumb to pop off the mushroom stems
- Chop the stems and carrots into bits
- Place the chopped mushroom stems and carrots in a bowl.
- Crush the crackers in the package or in a baggie to avoid a mess and add them to the vegetables.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- The mix should be moist, but not soggy. (Add some more olive oil if necessary).
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Lay out the mushroom caps and sprinkle tops and bottoms with salt and pepper.
- Fill with the vegetable mix.
- Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350F/180C for approximately 15 minutes. Cook longer if you desire a crispier texture
I’d love to hear from you! Does this sound like something you’ll enjoy? What other types of recipes would you like me to post? Let me know in the comments below!