This apple cinnamon crumb cake has been one of my family’s favorites since I can remember. It has a delicious topping that can be used for many flavors of cake. This cake is so absolutely delicious, it can even be served on its own without the topping.
🤍 Many of you ask which products I use and recommend. This post contains some of my affiliate links for “making every day the best day” while cooking, entertaining and living life. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay a penny more, but I’ll get a small commission which helps keep the lights on. Thanks!
And this recipe can easily be doubled and freezes extremely well. So double the recipe and make one with the topping and one without, and you’ve got two different cakes as easy as 1, 2, 3!
LIKE THIS BLOG POST? I’D LOVE FOR YOU TO FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST AND PIN IT FOR LATER!
Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake & Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 packet baking powder (1 1/4 teaspoons or 5 grams)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 apples ((I eat the other half 😉))
- 1 cup dark or light brown sugar ((We don't have that here, so I use Moscovado Sugar))
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- While cake batter is mixing, peel and thinly slice an apple. Cut the slices in thirds.
- Line your baking pan with baking paper to make for easy clean-up.
- Pour into the pan of your choice and add the apple slices on top. With a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon, gently press the apple slices a bit into the batter. They should not be completely submerged.
- Crunch Topping (optional):
- Combine flour and cinnamon
- Add brown sugar
- Mix by hand until thoroughly combined
- Sprinkle generously on top of cake
- Bake at 350F / 170C for 50 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. If needed, continue to bake in increments of 5 – 10 minutes.
And when you’re done with this apple cinnamon crumb cake, here’s some unforgettable Italian cookies to try!