4 Ingredient Recipe for Homemade Flour Tortilla / Wraps in Just 30 Minutes
Want to add some fun to your next meal? Try these easy and delicious tortillas. Cook them for breakfast, lunch or dinner! You won’t believe how simple it is to make these homemade treats, and your family and guests will think you bought them by the local baker.One evening, just before I began seasoning the chicken for dinner, I decided to make something else instead of rice. “Let me see,” I thought to myself. What can I make with the kitchen staples that I already have in the pantry.And that’s how my recipe for the most irresistable and tasty tortillas was born. Not only can these be used for chicken dinner, but my family has enjoyed them as breakfast sandwich wraps with eggs and fresh sliced tomato, mini pizzas with mozzarella for lunch and even cut and airfried or baked into tortilla chips as a hearty snack with my out of this world salsa. And the best part of this recipe is you already have the ingredients in in your kitchen.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine flour and salt.
- Add water and extra virgin olive oil.
- Knead by hand or with an electric mixer with a dough hook until smooth.
- Form a mound and let dough rest 10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 8 portions.
- Roll one portion in a circle around 7 inches / 18 centimeters
- Cook in lightly sprayed pan, one – two minutes per side.
- Continue with remaining dough.
- Tip #1: You can roll the next circle while the former is cooking, as long as you keep an eye on the tortilla currently in the pan.
- Tip #2: Keep the remaining dough covered between rolling out the tortillas.
Simple, perfect, and rustic bread for our table. Cannot wait to try them with Shakshuka! Be blessed! Thank you!
You are so very welcome, Babby! 😀